Overview of Different Emergency Situations

What Do I Do When...

I need to leave campus due to a family emergency at home?
Contact your instructors via e-mail. You may contact the AAAC to act as a central point of communication and to follow up with them confirming your situation.
I get sick or have a medical emergency and have to miss a lot of class while I recover?
Keep your instructors informed if possible. Get documentation from your medical professional as confirmation of your situation. Contact the AAAC for assistance in communication and facilitating make up work when you return.
I’m not doing well in one or more classes and may need to withdraw?
Check the Registrar’s website for significant dates relating to schedule changes. The AAAC may be able to help you understand your options and the implications of the various choices you might make.
I need to petition for retroactive withdrawal?
Start with the academic services or advising office in your professional school or the College of Liberal Arts and Sciences. You may consult with the AAAC to understand the process and to construct the petition effectively.
I’ve missed an exam?
Contact the instructor as soon as possible.

Connect With Us

One of 34 U.S. public institutions in the prestigious Association of American Universities
44 nationally ranked graduate programs.
—U.S. News & World Report
Top 50 nationwide for size of library collection.
5th nationwide for service to veterans —"Best for Vets: Colleges," Military Times
KU Today